Conda Noob Needs Help

For Reference:
Github Link: GitHub - alisonbma/aiSFX: Representation Learning for the Automatic Indexing of Sound Effects Libraries (ISMIR 2022): Deep audio embeddings pre-trained on UCS & Non-UCS-compliant datasets.
Tutorial Link: Tutorial — aiSFX 0.0.0 documentation

I am running;
Debian 12.5
KDE Plasma X11
Python 3.11.7
Pytorch 2.3
Essentia 2.1b6.dev1110

Below is my addition to inference.py:
return output
path_dirAudio = input(“/home/Debian/Desktop/Audio Test”)
path_dirExport = input(“/home/Debian/Desktop/Audio Test Sorted”)
def main(path_dirAudio, path_dirExport,

I am a sound designer and I’m trying to speed up my processes by utilizing a new python script ‘aiSFX’ for use in a linux based conda environment. (I am completely out of my element and a total noob when using linux terminal and python). Following the installation and tutorial instructions step by step, I am confident all perquisites have been fulfilled. Where I am hitting a wall is the tutorial, I have modified the original inference.py file to include my input directory folder location and output directory folder location. I am not sure if that was necessary or if I am supposed to do the “ import sys
import os
sys.path.insert(0, os.path.abspath(‘…/…/…/src’))

However when I try to copy and paste that into my conda environment it says: bash: syntax error near unexpected token `0,’

When I type “python aisfx” in my conda environment, it comes back with: File “/home/Debian/aisfx”, line 4
%%CreationDate: (2024-05-31T18:08:26+00:00)
^
SyntaxError: leading zeros in decimal integer literals are not permitted; use an 0o prefix for octal integers

When I paste “aisfx.inference.main()” into my conda environment it drops down a line with “>” in front instead of (myCondaEnvironmentName) which I don’t know what to type after. I am unsure how to proceed, or if I am even following the tutorial correctly. If any other information is necessary, let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated!

It looks like the tutorial fails to mention you are supposed to run those steps from a Jupyter Notebook, or a Python script, not directly on your terminal / shell. That’s Python code that needs to be run by Python.

Create a new file “tutorial.py” where you paste the contents of those cells (the code blocks) and then run it with python tutorial.py.

I greatly appreciate your input!

I had some help from StackExchange:

This is a new issue I have run into: machine learning - How do I properly modify the hop size to resolve the assertion error when executing a python module? - Stack Overflow

And here represents the main question I am really looking to have an answer to: numpy - How to automatically sort wav files using the aiSFX python module? - Stack Overflow

Any input is very much appreciated :slight_smile: