conda.org is coming! And we want your help
The conda community has never had a single coherent place that brings together conda ecosystem information, news, events and resources. It’s time to fix that.
We are in the process of building a conda community website that will reside at conda.org. We aim to have this become the one obvious place where everyone starts when they need information about the conda ecosystem. The site will be reside in GitHub, and use Markdown and anything else we can think of to make it as easy for the community as possible to contribute.
We mean “community” in the broadest possible sense, including users of conda and other tools in the ecosystem, package and tool writers, and infrastucure and channel managers. “Other tools” includes anything written by anyone that ties into the conda ecosystem.
Interested? Please join us. Help shape the future of the conda community’s web presence, and thereby improve the conda experience for millions of current and future community members.
The conda-dot-org team (which should include you…)
We need your help with designing & building the conda community website.
We have formed several teams to help us move this project forward (see below). If you are interested in any (or all!) of these areas then please join the relevant teams.
The first step is joining the conda Slack Workspace.
Join the Team!
The whole team meets every two weeks (on Mondays) and has a Slack channel for chat. We use GitHub and HackMD for tracking information and decisions.
- #conda-dot-org is our general channel for all conda dot org happenings.
- Root HackMD page - links to everything in HackMD.
- We meet every two weeks on Monday at 9am US Central time / 16:00 Central European Time. Please join the Slack Channel and we will invite you.
Join the Design Team
Like creating wire frames and making things look good? The design team might be the place for you!
- #conda-dot-org-design is this team’s channel
- Design Team Root HackMD page - links to every design document in HackMD.
Join the Content Team
Have a way with words? Love writing clear explanations that are a thing of beauty? Then the content team may be where you belong!
- #conda-dot-org-content is this team’s channel
- Content Team Root HackMD page - links to every design document in HackMD.
- We meet every two weeks on Tuesday at 9am US Central time / 16:00 Central European Time. Please join the Slack Channel and we will invite you.
Join the Implementation Team
Eat, sleep and breathe JS/CSS/HTML? Then join the implementation team!
- #conda-dot-org-implementation is this team’s channel
- Implementation Team Root HackMD page - links to every Implementation document in HackMD.